Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April Showers

I spent this weekend mostly by myself, which was good for me as it gave me time to catch up on a few shows I had forgotten about, lay around in bed, and work on Apples of Red Mountain, my current project that has been running through my head for about two weeks now. I've moved past the exposition and am starting on the real action, but I am still introducing the characters and giving the readers a clue as to what the whole story is about. There are parts I don't want to expand on just yet in the text, but the parts that I have were a lot of fun to write-- for example, I wrote a little song a few days ago that one of the characters sings that introduces a large chunk of the conflict, so I really am beginning to grasp what story I want to tell. I did write a scene from Ballade of the North, a tiny one meant to make the world grow a bit. I am excited to eventually get back to writing the NOTS sequel full-time, but right now I'm enjoying this side project.
The website for Burning Willow was updated and my bio is now included on the author page, which you can see here. It's exciting that my bio is at the top! I have to admit I squealed a little when I saw it.
This weekend I want to start thinking about what I would like in my Nocturne of the Sea cover and possibly look for some examples of covers I like and ones I think fit the style of my own novel, just so the graphic designers can get a feel for what I want. I know I would like to avoid having a real person on the front and that I do not want the story to appear as a typical Young Adult novel, but I would like to expand more so that the designers have more to go on.
The rain has been pretty intense this week; my classes were cancelled Monday due to a terrible storm. Rain can offer good environments for writing inspiration, but it also tends to make me extremely tired, so I cannot say I've managed to write too much. It's only Wednesday, though, so we'll see.

Catch you later,
Cameron Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment